Friday, May 21, 2010

Okay, let me get this straight, once and for all

Imagine a presenter is preparing a presentation. She works her butt off, completely drained out afterwards. The next day is presentation day. But what does she get in turn? Every person she is presenting to decides to talk over her and doesn't listen, not caring in the slightest of how hard she worked. Out of the 1000 she's presenting to, 3 people pay attention.
Now, this is reality: I am the presenter. The 3 people are Cody, Jessica (partner), and Alia. The presentation is the stories I have written. Thanks Cody, Jessica and Alia for taking the time to actually read them.
As for the rest of you, lets talk.
The Necromancer's Matter, The Drakes, and the comic I work my butt off! I am sooooo not kidding! Lets see how hard I worked on these, shall we?

The Necromancer's Matter, Part 1: Orientation, worked on it for 3 days, but I was typing NONSTOP
Ending result: 8 COMMENTS!! I loved that!

The Necromancer's Matter, part 2: The Duel

Result: 4 or 5 comments. That was good.

The Necromancer's Matter, Part 3: Sands of Balance. Took 2 weeks to handwrite it, another 2 weeks to type it.

Ending result, 1 comment. Uh-oh.

The Necromancer's Matter, Part 4, The Legend Reborn. Took me a month to handwrite it. Another month typing it.

Result: 1 Comment. That's when things were starting to get scary.
The Necromancer's Matter, Part 5: Bones of the Enemy. Took a week, typing nonstop.

Result: 1 Comment

The Necromancer's Matter, Part 6: Valley of Peace. 1 week, typing nonstop.

Result: 2 Comments, NOT concerning the story. So, technically, Zip.

The Necromancer's Matter, part 7, Blade of Seven. A week.

Result: Zip.

The Drakes: Part 1, A Matter of Life and Death. A week.

Result: Zip.

The Drakes comic: An hour a page each.

Result: ZIP!

Now, To support TNM, I post and advertise it in a lot of places. Cause its on Creative Writing, on Central, and advertised it on the Message Boards, and, apparently, so did Alia! Now, here are the results of that:

Creative Writing Result: Well, I can't tell how many views I get!

Central Result: Zip.

My Advertisment on Message Boards: Zip.

Alia's Advertisement: 1 reply, and that is "I keep forgetting to read it!"


So, please people, please, take the time to read it! I am growing so frustsrated! What is it going to take? Me being a featured author? Bribery? REALLY?

Please read it, I am litterally BEGGING you!!!

4 comments:

  1. just because people don't comment it doesn't mean that they don't read it >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well there's a difference between what is *read* , and what is *commented upon*. Trying to gauge traffic like that is akin to only counting people that wear red sweaters. If you want to track actual people, might I suggest something like a 'flag counter'/'hit counter'? It might alleviate your concerns that your work is being done for naught. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww poor Desting.... I get nil comments usally and the way i see it, if 1 person reads you story and likes it i.e. ME!!! It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete