Thursday, May 27, 2010

Okay, I give you MY book recommendations... now its time for YOU to give YOURS

Before I start this post, let me just say this: More comments. We've been doing pretty good on comments, until the last few posts, which are getting 1 Max. Just remember, please comment. I put a lot of effort into this blog.
      Anyways, one of the things I do love about my school... if you don't owe fines, you get a refund! For what? How the heck am I supposed to know? But I'm not complaining- I got $15! The thing is, I'm trying to decide which book to get with it. So far, it's a dead tie between three books. I'm going to list them right here, and post a poll about it so you can decide.

First up: Wings by Aprilynne Pike 


  


Hmmm... Stephanie Meyer praised it. Isn't she one who wrote about the viking in the city of Spoons? No, wait, it was vampires in Forks. My bad, Sounds promising. Anyways, its about a girl called Laurel who seems to be an average girl with a not-so-cool destiny. But soon enough she grows wings and learns that she is a faerie, who has a job to protect the gateway of Avalon, and soon gets torn between her loyalties to the human world and the faerie world.
The author is also a local one, so I can get it signed easily. For more information about her book and her second book, click here. 


Next we have 39 Clues Book 9: Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park 


This is the 9th book to my favorite New York Times Bestselling Series. In this book, siblings Amy and Dan Cahill of the Madrigal branch sail down to the Caribbean in search of the next clue, possibly hidden by Anne Bonny, the most nosterious female pirate to ever sail the seas. The identity of the Man in Black is also revealed ( :D :D :D :D :D :D I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHO IT IS ALTHOUGH I KINDA ALREADY KNOW... IS FISKE!!! XD) One problem though... Its by Linda Sue Park. I've read one of her books, a Single Shard. I loved A Single Shard, and don't get me wrong, she's a very good writer, why else would she win the Newberry Award? I just don't really think she's the type to be writing one of the books, you know what I mean?

One more thing before I move on: The title and cover for book 10 is revealed!

LOOK AT IT, LOOK AT IT! (Unless Death is a preferable option... Just kidding)

That looks AWESOME!!! And I think Margaret Peterson Haddix, in my opinion, is the PERFECT author for book 10, unless you consider Riordan or Rowling. Tolkien would be nice (If he comes back to life). I've read a LOT of Haddix books, she's awesome and I think she's going to make a great author for book 10. Her books are really fast paced and thrilling. (And why is 2011 anticipated? That's when the first 39 Clues Movie comes out! Is also by Steven Spilberg, which will be total awesomeness! Btw he's a Janus!) 
For even more information, you can go to the website or even better, my blog about it. (I haven't updated it in a long time... true, true)

Number 3: The Necromancer by Micheal Scott 


Warning: If you haven't read the series, know nothing about John Dee or Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel, then you will be hopelessly confused by the sypnosis.

And before the sypnosis, how many of you watch The Office? Well, this so happens to be written by an author called Michael Scott! (Only he's Irish...)

In this book, twins Josh and Sophie Newman continue their training in the elements, with Nicholas and Perenelle guiding them along the way. The Newmans go back home in San Fransisco. But the siblings are still tracked by Dr. John Dee and are confused about their future-and trusting Nicholas Flamel, for the matter.
Meanwhile, in Alcatraz, Dee clearly underestimated Perenelle. Nereus was no match for her powers. And Machiavelli has returned to free all the monsters within its bars.
Because he does not have the final two pages of the Codex, Dee has failed his Elder. But Dee has a plan to redeem himself. For his plan to work, he must summon the Mother of the Gods from the dead. But to do that, he'll have to train a Necromancer.
And what better students then the twins of legend...

This one in particular sounds suspensful, doesn't it? The first three books are the Alchemyst, The Magician and the Sorceress. For even more information about the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, click here.


Now, Last but definately not least, The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangum 


This is the second book of the Hourglass Door trilogy. Abby knows that Dante is a master of time and will stop Zo, Tony and V. But things change when Abby discovers that Zo is trying to change her past. Then Abby realizes something terrible- either Dante didn't make it through the door is lost forever. Now she must construct a new door, it being the only hope possible to save him. And with every thing in her past changing, her relationship with Jason, Natalie and her family is falling to pieces. But in her trouble, she discovers a new and unexpected ally.
Lisa Mangum is also a local author- in fact, I have her first book, The Hourglass Door, signed and she came to my school this year. (Speaking of which, the last day is tomorrow! XD And we already has our yearbooks! Double XD!)


Well, I'll be posting a poherell now, so see ya!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I already posted a lot of the books I could think of... Have you read the Midnighters series? Or The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer? I think you'd like them. And you might like Un Lun Dun, by China Mieville. Just so you know, I always read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skulduggery Pleasant FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the 9 th clues book it is awesome

    ReplyDelete