Saturday, May 8, 2010

(Faints. Why? For many reasons)

1.
20 FOLLOWERS!

YES!

THANKS SO MUCH, ALEXANDRIA STORMRIDER OF THE DIVINATION DIARIES! I WISH I HAD CROWNS TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING, BUT EITHER CODY OR VANESSA (Vanessa is my little sister for those who don't know, surprisingly NOT a necromancer!) KEEP SPENDING MY CROWNS SO ONE DAY I HAVE 5,000 NEXT I HAVE 17!

2.
I am still bummed about the ballot.

3.
The Necromancer's Matter, Part 8, is around a third done. I know, I know, not much progress lately.

4.
I JOINED ConnectX! (Psst! It usually says that I am a year OLDER then I am! I wasn't old enough to sign up! HEHE! MWAH HAHAHAHA!)


(Recovers)

Ok, so Kestrel Shadowthistle has people on a role for lists of SUMMER READING! Well, you know how I said everyone's on the grand train that I can't come on? However, for the READING train, I am CONDUCTOR! I took first in my school reading contest with a grand total of 6,300 minutes (My elementary school was weird... they measure minutes, not pages. This I do not know.) within a month! I got a new book each week because I got on the Honor list every week! And I still keep it up! Name a series, and there is a very low chance I HAVEN'T read it! I have a signed book for every year I've lived! I have an "I cannot live without books" T-Shirt, which I just so happen to be wearing! I have a Shelfari account (This post is gonna be long anyways, so I'd rather not explain it. Lets just say its a cool website for readers like meself)
So, my recomendations:

1. The 39 Clues, By Various Authors (Maybe I'm recomending cause its my favorite series, maybe I'm not!)



And TRUST me, there are a whole lot more books then that! Only thing wrong with these books are the lenghth: So dang short!
The 39 Clues is a series in which orphaned siblings Amy and Dan Cahill have to make a choice when their grandmother dies: a million bucks or the first clue in a series of clues in which is claimed to lead to an incredible source of power. They take the clue and begin a race dating back to the 16th century- against their own realitives! For more info about this series, visit my fan site, www.thehuntbeginshere.blogspot.com. Or that's what I think it is, I haven't posted in a long time. And there's more to the 39 Clues then books!

2. The two Amulet Graphic Novels by Kazu Kibushi



I've read them around 20 times... After their father dies, Emily and her brother Navin move into an ancestrel home with their mom. On the first night, their mom is kidnapped by a tenticaled creature, and through that they discover Aledia, and Emily finds out that she is next in line as a Stonekeeper. The books are 1) The Stonekeeper and 2) The Stonekeeper Curse

3. Maximum Ride by James Patterson



About six kids: Angel; Gazzy; Nudge; Iggy; Fang and Maximum Ride, kids who all have one thing in common: They have wings and can fly! Series centers around them and their mission to save the world. Books include: 1) The Angel Experiment 2) School's Out-Forever 3) Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports 4) The Final Warning 5) Max 6) Fang (Newest, still haven't bought it!)

4. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull



This is about two siblings, Kendra and Seth Sorenson, who, when on a trip to their grandparents' house, discover that they are the caretakers of Fablehaven, a preserve for magical creatures, and discover a firocious battle between good and evil is looming. The books include, 1) Fablehaven 2) Rise of the Evening Star 3) Grip of the Shadow Plague 4) Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary 5) Keys to the Demon Prison

These next few are so popular I'm not gonna even describe them!

5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan

6. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

7. Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

8. Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan



About orphaned Will who is apprenticed to Halt, a ranger, with their cloaks and shadowy ways. About him and his adventures. May sound lame, but Cody was introduced to it by his friends, then I read it, and when I got to the second book, I was devouring the series! Loved book 2. Didn't really like 6. The series is: 1) The Ruins of Gorlan 2) The Burning Bridge 3) The Icebound Land 3) The Battle for Skandia 5) The Sorcerer of the North 6) The Seige of Macindaw 7) Erak's Ransom 8) (This will be out in a few weeks) Kings of Clonmel

9. The Earthsoul Prophecies by Greg Park



Summery is hard to explain. Pure hardcore fantasy. In the middle of reading it. Something cool is that the author teaches English at a school in my district! So I may have him as teacher! 1) Veil of Darkness 2) Cleansing Hunt 3) (Upcoming) Children of Ta'shean (Or however you spell that)

10. 13th Reality by James Dashner




That used to be my blogger picture before I came to the blogging world, fyi.
Anyways, Atticus Higgenbottom gets mysterious letters in the mail, solving riddles as he stumbles on a sci-fi world of quantam physics. Books are: 1) Journal of Curious Letters 2) The Hunt for Dark Infinity 3) The Blade of Shattered Hope

11. Dragon Slippers series by Jessica Day George



When Creel's aunt suggests she plays a dasmel in distress to win a prince's affection and get money, Creel bargains to lay off of the dragon by gaining a pair of shoes out of the dragons hoard. Creel then meets Shardas, a dragon, and thats the beginning of a fantasy series for girls featuring dragons. 1) Dragon Slippers 2) Dragon Flight 3) Dragon Spear

12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney



About Greg Heffley, a scrawny kid, and his attempts to survive middle school. REALLY funny. 1) Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2) Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules 3) Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw 4) Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days

Now, this is for you Percy Jackson fans (Like meself), cause Rick Riordan has come out with a new book not a week ago! (He also authored 39 Clues book 1, Maze of Bones, as seen above)

13. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan



I'm about halfway through this. About Carter and Sadie Kane, who have basically nothing alike. They take a trip to the Royal Museum, where, well, lets just say their dad blows up the Rosetta Stone. Then a firey man comes and well, he's evil, and their dad sinks in the floor in a coffin. Then Carter and Sadie discover that the gods of Egypt are alive and walking, and the worst one, Set, has an evil plan. They also discover that they are the most powerful children to be born in centuries, seeing as how they have come from two different royal bloodlines. Only book 1 has come out less then a week ago, The Red Pyramid.

All I've got, and I know, for you who aren't bookworms, this could have been a grueling post for you, so, see ya!

(For the record, a LOT of the books I mentioned up there I've got signed! X-D)

4 comments:

  1. Lol, realized that I forgot to put a lot of the books on your list (maximum ride, 13th reality, etc) on my list! Bookworms unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally signed up for ConnectX? You had to comment on a blog post to be on the ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv'e read 7 out of the 13 WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! :D Wait, nose. :-D

    I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series too! In fact, all of the books on your list that I've read are totally awesome! I keep meaning to read Maximum Ride as well...

    You have signed books! I have to say I find that absolutely awesome because I have no signed books whatsoever, as much as I'd like to have. The only thing stopping me going to every signing in the US is the very large, very blue thing called the Atlantic. Oh well.

    I really should join ConnectX, I guess...

    And I love 'The Necromancer's Matter', by the way! Your stories are really good!
    Keep writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete